- Placidochromis Phenochilus Mdoka aka “White Lips”
- Ad Konings referred to them as a very conspicuous cichlid from the sand: The blue sand-dwellers.
- In contrast to most sand-dwellers, there is a group of conspicuously colored cichlids which usually live solitarily or in very small groups, these five are Cyrtocara
moorii, Protomelas annectens, Otopharynx selenurus, Placidochromis electra, and Placidochromis phenochilus.
- These are one of the most beautiful and coveted Malawi Cichlids due to their species gender differences having males and females with the same color pattern.
- They are also very gentle by nature and thus making them great fish to keep with other Haplochromis cichlids.
- Males tend to grow much bigger than females and reach sexual maturity in an aquarium by the age of 1 year.
- They will accept almost all kind of food (flakes, pellets, frozen) just be aware that they are a
carnivore by nature and will need food with extra animal protein (krill, shrimps are the best source).
- Try to keep them in a family of over 6 individuals since they are very social and like to play with their own kind.
References: Ad Konings The Cichlid Yearbook Volume 1.
I am a single man, trying to build this site&community, I need your help!
If you are like me and love Cichlids and want to share knowledge, photos, videos or any tips please join and contribute to the site, share your experience.
Please do not hesitate to contact me here I will contact you as soon as possible.
There is also a Upload Drive open for anyone who is willing to share Photos and Videos available here.
Thank you all for visiting.